Frequently Asked Questions - Sound & Video issues
If you are experiencing problems with sound or video, please consider the following possible explanations:-
1) Please check that you have the minimum software installed and working correctly for viewing Real Media, Windows Media or Flash files, see http://www.cliffrichard.org/gallery/software.cfm for more details. Please make sure that you have a soundcard installed in your PC and that it and your speakers are working correctly.
2) If you see an error message along the lines that "the website cannot be found", this is actually due to the streaming server being very busy: it is possible for streamed content to not be available due to the amount of users who are simultaneously listening or viewing content. Please try again at another time.
3) If your internet connection involves a proxy server, you may need to check with the network administrator or ISP that it will allow connections via port 554.
4) Streamed content is not available for download.
5) If you experience poor performance of streamed content, i.e. slowness, difficulty to connect etc. this can be a combination of some of the factors mentioned above or could be an indication that your network connection is not sufficiently fast enough. Although the streaming services have been tested satisfactorily on 56k dial-up connections, we generally recommend 512k broadband or higher as the minimum connection over which to view or listen to any multimedia content.
6) If you have tried the measures above and your problem is not solved, please click here and we will try to help.
Back to Frequently Asked Questions